HCDEC Wiki Terms and Conditions
This is a legally binding contract between you and HCDEC. Please make sure you read it, because it is important. The terms have been adapted from the Editorially terms, which can be found here. We’ve tried to make it as clear as possible, but we welcome your feedback if you have suggestions or questions. Contact us via the web at https://hillsboroughcountydemocrats.org/contact. In addition, we’ve made these terms available under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license, so you can use and adapt them as you see fit. (Read more about the license on Editorially’s blog.)
- We’re going to use some shorthand to make this easier to read. The term “site,” means training.hcfldems.org and the services offered through that site. The site is intended for use of the members of, and volunteers supporting, the Hillsborough County Democratic Executive Committee (also known as the Hillsborough County Democratic Party) referred to herein as HCDEC. This site is created and operated solely to further the goals of the HCDEC.
- Please read these terms before using the site. Your use of the site and services is subject to these terms. If you do not agree to these terms, you may not use the site. If we make material changes to these terms, we’ll let you know either through the site or via email (at the email address you provide). If you do not agree to those changes, you may send a request to cancel your account at https://hillsboroughcountydemocrats.org/contact. If we do not hear from you within ten days, the revised terms will apply to you.
- HCDEC will strive to prevent interruptions to the site and be good stewards of the data contained on the site. However, the site and services are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. HCDEC disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including without limitation any warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. We do not make any warranty that the site or our services will meet your requirements, or that the services will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error free, or that defects, if any, will be corrected. You understand that you obtain content or services through the site at your own discretion and risk.
- Under no circumstances — including, without limitation, negligence — shall HCDEC be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, resulting from (1) the use or the inability to use the site; (2) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services; (3) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (4) loss of profits, use, data or other intangibles, even if HCDEC has been advised of the possibility of such damages. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
- Each user agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless HCDEC, our officers, directors, employees, members, volunteers, partners, agents, and suppliers, and their respective affiliates, officers, directors, employees, members, volunteers, shareholders, partners, and agents, from any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of the user’s use of the site, including but not limited to the user’s violation of this agreement. We may, at our sole discretion, assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter subject to indemnification by you. The assumption of such defense or control by us, however, shall not excuse any of your indemnity obligations.
- Each user is responsible for any and all action taken under their account on this site, and is responsible for maintaining positive control of their account. Should a user discover a loss of positive control of their account or that their account has been compromised in any way, the user shall immediately notify HCDEC via the web at https://hillsboroughcountydemocrats.org/contact.
- HCDEC may at any time decide to alter, amend, modify, or terminate the site, any functionality or portion of it, all in HCDEC’s sole discretion, and you understand that there is no guarantee that the site or any portion or functionality of it will continue to operate or be available for any particular period of time.
- Users agree that they will not post or upload content that is malicious, illegal, that contains information that would reasonably be considered private and/or confidential, or information that is contrary to the goals and efforts of HCDEC. Examples include, but are not limited to, malicious computer code (a.k.a. “viruses”), pornography, Social Security or credit card numbers, or information that contradicts the HCDEC values, platform, code of ethics, and/or operating procedures. Any information that does not pertain to HCDEC business, or of its affiliated clubs and caucuses, is prohibited.
- HCDEC makes no guarantee that a user will not encounter material on this site contrary to the above paragraph. Any user who encounters any material that violates the above paragraph shall immediately notify HCDEC by means of one of the contact methods available on the HCDEC public website, https://hillsboroughcountydemocrats.org/contact, and agrees to work with HCDEC to identify and remove such content.
- Users warrant that they have a legal right to contribute material to this site. Users warrant that all contributions are not in contradiction or violation of any agreement the user has made with any other entity, including but not limited to the user’s employer.
- Users hereby grant HCDEC a perpetual, irrevocable, fully paid, royalty-free, worldwide license to reproduce, create derivative works from, distribute, publicly display, publicly perform, use, make, have made, offer for sale, sell or otherwise dispose of, and import any and all material created or uploaded to this site, with the right to sublicense each and every such right.
- All site content, the selection, compilation, arrangement and presentation of all materials, and the overall design of the site are copyrighted by HCDEC, and are protected by US and international laws. Use of site content without HCDEC’s express prior written permission is strictly prohibited.HCDEC logos are trademarks of HCDEC, in the United States and other countries. Our trademarks may not be used in connection with any product or service without our express written permission. Do not submit any trade secret or confidential information through this site, or through email, outside of an existing business relationship.
- Users agree to maintain the confidentiality of any and all information on this site, and warrant that they will take reasonable measures to prevent the information contained on this site from disclosure to any person or entity that could reasonably be expected to act in a manner contrary to the goals and efforts of HCDEC.
- This site is designed for use by adults. Users must be thirteen years of age or older. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of thirteen, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under the age of thirteen, please contact us via the web at https://hillsboroughcountydemocrats.org/contact. When you use the site, you represent and warrant that you have the legal capacity to form a binding contract with us, and are doing so by your agreement to these terms.
- In all interactions with this site and with other users of this site, users acknowledge that they have read and agree to comply with the HCDEC Code of Conduct.
- Agreement to these Terms and Conditions is required for each person desiring access to this site. Users who do not agree to these terms and conditions are not permitted to access this site or to request access. Users acknowledge and agree that the provisions of these Terms and Conditions, and especially provisions regarding confidentiality, shall survive after the user no longer has access to the site or if the site is unavailable or removed from service.
- These terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Florida, without giving effect to its conflict of law provisions. You agree that you will bring any claim or cause of action arising out of your use of the site in the courts located within Hillsborough County, Florida, and you also agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of those courts. You agree that any claim or cause of action arising out of your use of the site or these terms must be filed within one year after such claim or cause of action arose or it shall be forever barred, notwithstanding any statute of limitations or other law to the contrary. If any provision contained in these terms is determined unenforceable, then such provision will be severed and replaced with a new provision that most closely reflects the intent of the original provision, and the remaining provisions of these terms will remain in full force and effect. No waiver of any provision of these terms shall be effective except pursuant to a written instrument signed by HCDEC expressly waiving compliance, and any such waiver shall be effective only in the specific instance and for the specific purpose stated in such writing. Each user agrees that no joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and HCDEC as a result of these terms and/or your use of the site. You may not assign any right, interest, or benefit provided under these terms or through the site without HCDEC’s express prior written consent. These terms set forth the entire agreement between you and us, and supersede any and all prior communications, agreements and proposals, whether electronic, oral or written, between you and us with respect to the site and our services. A printed version of these terms and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to these terms and/or your use of the site to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form.
Users promise that they have carefully read all of the provisions of this these Terms and Conditions prior to and as a condition of requesting access to this site. Users agree that (a) these Terms and Conditions are necessary for the reasonable and proper protection of HCDEC’s business, operations and affairs; (b) HCDEC has been induced to enter into and continue its relationship with the user in reliance upon the user’s compliance with the provisions of these Terms and Conditions; (c) each and every provision of these Terms and Conditions is reasonable with respect to its scope and duration.